It’s not often that players in any sport can live up to the hype … but in 2007, Annette Obrestad certainly did! All eyes were on 18-year-old as she participated in the very first WSOP Europe in London. Obrestad’s online play had grown to legendary status.
The Norwegian’s performance at WSOPE was nothing short of stellar. She battled some of the biggest names in the game on way to her very first WSOP gold bracelet, and a £1,000,000 payday.
Top 5 | 2007 WSOP Europe Main Event
1. Annette Obrestad (NOR), £1,000,000
2. John Tabatabai (UK), £570,150
3. Mathew McCullough (USA), £381,910
4. Oyvind Riisem (NOR), £257,020
5. Johannes Korsar (SWE), £191,860
*Photo credit: The Hendon Mob