Six months later, Shariati was back in the LA spotlight, this time attempting to win the WPT L.A. Poker Classic, one of the most prestigious tournament on the live poker circuit. He would once again make it to heads-up play, this time finishing second to German Dietrich Fast.
Although he wouldn’t win, he would almost match his total winnings from August, collecting $1,332,482 for his two remarkable Los Angeles performances - well done, Mike!
Fab Five | WPT L.A. Poker Classic
1. Dietrich Fast (GER) $1,000,800
2. Mike Shariati (USA) $656,540
3. Alex Keating (USA) $423,890
4. Sam Soverel (USA) $316,440
5. Farid Jattin (COL) $238,070
*Photo credit: World Poker Tour (WPT.com)