It was on this day, one year ago today, that Matas Cimbolas became the very first player from Lithuania to win an open event on the World Poker Tour, securing the victory, and the £200,000 first-place prize, at the inaugural edition of WPT UK in Nottingham.
Cimbolas would defeat UK star Ben Warrington heads-up for the title at a final table that also included former November Niner Antoine Saout and online poker star Patrick Leonard.
Fab Five | 2014 WPT UK
1. Matas Cimbolas (LIT), £200,000
2. Ben Warrington (UK), £140,000
3. Tamer Kamel (UK), £92,000
4. Antoine Saout (FRA), £67,000
5. Phillip Mighall (UK), £48,000
*Photo credit: World Poker Tour