- Ole Schemion, Chaz Chattha & Dan Shak chase glory as 23 remain in WPT Montreal
- Watson, Drinan and Larsson all chasing Super MILLION$ win
- Larsson Leads Super MILLION$ Final Table With Three Former Champs Present
- Felix Schulze Leads the Final 23 Players in the partypoker WPT Montreal Main Event
- Daniel Negreanu vs. Doug Polk Grudge Match Entering the Final Stretch
Ten names make the shortlist for the 2015 Poker Hall of Fame – who will join the club in November?
The shortlist for this year’s WSOP Hall of Fame has been released based on public nominations. It’s a formidable line-up, with four new nominations and six that have been up for the Hall of Fame before. A maximum of two from the list can be inducted.
2015 Class of Poker Hall of Fame
- Chris Bjorin
- David Chiu
- Bruno Fitoussi
- Jennifer Harman
- John Juanda
- Carlos Mortensen
- Max Pescatori
- Terry Rogers
- Matt Savage
- David ‘Devilfish’ Ulliott
The criteria for selection is:
- A player must have played poker against acknowledged top competition
- Be a minimum of 40 years old at time of nomination
- Played for high stakes
- Played consistently well, gaining the respect of peers
- Stood the test of time
- Or, for non-players, contributed to the overall growth and success of the game of poker, with indelible positive and lasting results
Chris Bjorin, Bruno Fitoussi and Jennifer Harman were also on last year’s shortlist, which Daniel Negreanu and Jack McClelland came out on top of. David Chiu, John Juanda and Carlos Mortensen have all been nominated before.
The new entries include legendary Irish bookmaker and the man who brought hold’em to Europe, Terry Rogers, along with Max Pescatori, Matt Savage and David Ulliott.
The inductee(s) will be decided by existing Hall of Famers and a panel of media members. You could argue a case for every single name on the list, but we’re hoping that the Devilfish is rewarded for his massive contribution to the game. The popular UK pro sadly passed away earlier this year after a short battle with cancer.
The 2015 Class of the Poker Hall of Fame will be inducted as part of the November Nine celebrations in Las Vegas, November 7-10.
PokerPlayer magazine is now free on your phone or tablet!
The post 2015 Poker Hall of Fame: Dave ‘Devilfish’ Ulliott makes the shortlist appeared first on PokerPlayer365.com.