“The Takeover” Nick Schulman was the talk of the town on this day ten years ago following his victory at the 2005 WPT World Poker Finals at Foxwoods in Connecticut.
Schulman, who’s career resume also includes a pair of WSOP gold bracelet wins, would defeat Anthony Licastro heads-up and pickup the eye-opening $2,167,500 first-place prize.
Fellow WSOP bracelet winners Allen Cunningham and Lyle Berman would also make the finals at Foxwoods.
Fab Five | 2005 WPT World Poker Finals
1. Nick Schulman (USA), $2,167,500
2. Anthony Licastro (USA), $1,035,000
3. Bill Gazes (USA), $759,000
4. Allen Cunnigham (USA), $483,000
5. Lyle Berman (USA), $345,000
The post 2,167,500 | Nick Schulman takes over WPT World Poker Finals appeared first on pokerstats.