- Joni Jouhkimainen Wins The High Roller Big Game For $77.7K
- Ludovic Geilich takes Down the GGMasters $500K Gtd
- 2019 WSOP Bracelet Winner BANNED for Multi-Accounting
- Wales Wins APAT Team Championship; Max Kruse Scores a Crucial Late Winner
- Online Superstar Niklas Astedt Through to WPT Montreal Main Event Day 2
Many will be using FedEx’s services this holiday season, sending and receiving presents. While the shipping giant will serve as your personal Santa, there was a time where FedEx founder Frederick Smith was so desperate for funds to keep the company afloat, he took the company’s last remaining $5,000 and took the next plane to Las Vegas, hoping for a miracle.
The gamble paid off as Smith turned the remaining 5K into a $22,000 profit at the blackjack tables, coming back home with 27K – enough for FedEx to survive for another week. The win helped motivate Smith to find the funds the company needed to succeed. In May, Forbes released the list of the ‘World’s Most Valuable Brands‘ – FedEx came in at #80 with an estimated worth of $47.3 Billion – nice work, Mr. Smith.
The post 27,000 | How a Vegas blackjack session saved FedEx appeared first on pokerstats.