- Online Poker – What You Don’t Know Could Hurt You
- Aptly-Named Bounty Wins 6-Max Turbo KO Series; Pavlovic Sixth
- Jonathan Little Breaks Down 2020 WSOP Main Event Final Hand Between Salas & Botteon
- High Stakes Poker S8, E5: You Won't Believe the Pot Tom Dwan Won
- 50x WPT Montreal Main Event Mega Sat Is This Weekend
Turns out Joseph McKeehen wasn’t the biggest winner in the WSOP Main Event after all …
According to a report on TaxableTalk.com, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) collected over $8.4M USD in taxes from members of the November Nine, including $3.3M from McKeehen, who saw his $7.6M payday reduced to $4.3M when all was said and done.
One man unaffected by the tax man was Belgian Pierre Neuville, who finished in 7th position. Belgium has a tax treaty with the US that allows its residents to not be taxed on their winnings.
You can read the full Taxable Talk report here.
*Photo credit: Jayne Furman/World Series of Poker