- The World Poker Tour Story & How It Was Sold for $78 Million
- How to Play a Flopped Straight in Cash Games (4+ Unique Spots)
- Everything You Need to Know About the $2M GTD WPT Montreal Main Event at partypoker
- Don’t Miss Our SuperbCoverage of WPT Montreal; Starts January 24
- High Stakes Poker S8 E6: How to Get Tom Dwan to Lay Down Pocket Kings
Or bust out and go up a real one. Blackpool offers everything including world-class poker this November
The GUKPT has been going to Blackpool since Season 1 of the tour and the last leg before the £400k guaranteed Grand Final is always one of the most fun-packed festivals. If you’ve not been to Blackpool before it gives you a very good reason to make amends. If the poker doesn’t go so well you can hit the streets for the illuminations, check out Blackpool tower and treat yourself to some of the white-knuckle rides before feasting on an alternative source of fish and chips. ￼￼￼
The GUKPT Blackpool Main Event is a £1,000 + £90 buy-in with a £200k guarantee. Last year 171 players found out that it’s not at all grim up north, with Grosvenor kicking in the extra £29k overlay. Julian Astley took full advantage, taking home the trophy and £59,000 first prize. After eight cashes in other Grosvenor events, including a 25/25 victory, it was Astley’s biggest career cash by far. And Blackpool is the perfect place to celebrate a big win.
Play for less
This year the Main Event starts on Thursday November 12 with Day 1b playing on Friday 13. If you get your aces cracked you can blame the date. Day 2 is on Saturday and if you’re lucky (or good) enough to make the final table you’ll be back playing for the serious money on Sunday.
Live £30 Super Satellites play at the Grosvenor casino Blackpool daily Sunday November 8-12, with a £150 re-entry on Wednesday evening. You can also qualify for the Main Event through direct satellites on grosvenorpoker.com on Tuesday (freezeout) and Sunday (rebuy) evenings, with daily feeders from as little as £3.
And, as ever, there’s a whole host of side events in case you’re railed from the big one and too scared to hit the rides. There are 14 events in total, with buy-ins ranging from £30 up to £300. Click here for more information.
GUKPT Blackpool Season 1-8 winners
- S1: Paul Bracken – £109,700
- S2: Brian Clarke – £96,500
- S3. Priyan de Mel – £84,900
- S4: David Johnson – £67,750
- S5: Andrew Peters – £72,020
- S6: Simon Deadman – £49,290
- S7: Richard Trigg – £53,000
- S8: Justin Astley – £59,000
For full details of the Blackpool leg and all other GUKPT news just click here