- The Bernard Lee Poker Show (1/19/21): 2020 Year in Review w/ Chad Holloway & Robbie Strazynski (Part 2) & Matt Waxman
- APAT CEO Leigh Wiltshire Gives The Low-down on the WCOAP Festival
- Bet365 Runs These Nine Special MTTs Every Sunday
- This Is Your Best Chance to Play in 888poker’s Biggest Tournaments
- Is Flip & Go profitable?
Twenty-three year old law student Rehman Kassam is £89,320 richer after taking down the inaugural PokerStars Festival London Main over the weekend.
Kassam outlasted a massive 944-entry field to take first place in the competition.
Although Kassam finished first, he didn’t walk away with the biggest pay day. That went to Daniel Harwood who netted £95,000 thanks to a three-way deal.
Meanwhile Australia’s Eric Cech took home £70,000 for third.
Guarantee Crushed by £824,112 Prize Pool
PokerStars offered £400,000 guarantee on its first Festival in London and easily surpassed that figure with a prize pool that hit £825,112.
The tournament paid out 183 spots.
Liv Boeree, Jake Cody, Luca Pagano and Felipe Ramos were among the various professional players who came out to play the first-ever PokerStars Festival held in Europe.
As fitting a more casual tournament, Kassam mentioned he had no plans of pursuing a poker career after the win and will go back to studying law.
Kassam won his way into the £990 buy-in Main Event by winning a live satellite for £120.
Here’s a complete look at the final table payouts from the London Main Event (*reflects a three-way deal):
1. Rehman Kassam, United Kingdom – £89,320*
2. Daniel Harwood, United Kingdom – £95,000*
3. Eric Cech, Australia – £70,000*
4. Yuriy Boyko, Ireland – £43,370
5. Clement Tripoldi, France – £31,510
6. Ludovic Geilich, United Kingdom – £22,950
7. Alexis Fleur, France – £16,702
8. Lam Van Trinh, United Kingdom – £12,150