- Gaëlle Garcia Diaz 🥰 Best Poker Hands ♠️ Poker Queens ♠️ PokerStars
- Can Live Casino Games Ever Replace Real Land-Based Casinos?
- Ryan "hagzzz021" Hagerty Wins 2021 WSOP Online Event #23: $500 NLH Turbo ($67,207)
- Scott Robbins Sues Borgata for $1.25M over Lifetime Ban after Suicide Joke
- PokerNews Exclusive: Johnny Chan on Texas Cardroom, a Hellmuth Rematch & More
The weekly Sunday Storm is being upgraded to a Category 5 hurricane with a guaranteed $1m prize pool on PokerStars.
The popular $11 buy-in tournament is celebrating its 6th anniversary on Sunday, March 19, and PokerStars will also guarantee at least $100,000 for the first-place prize.
The $100,000 first-place prize is approximately three times larger than the regular payout. It also represents at least 9,000 times the buy-in for a very decent return on investment.
Over $10m in Entries in Six Years
The Sunday Storm has consistently ranked as one of the most popular Sunday tournaments on PokerStars since being introduced six years ago.
As of this week the Sunday Storm has been played by over 1.2 million players with a staggering $10m+ in entries.
Despite the relatively modest buy-in, you can qualify for the tournament for even less via PokerStars’ numerous qualifiers.
There will be three special mega-qualifiers, all taking place on March 19 before the aforementioned Storm, that will divvy out 1,000 seats to the tournament.
The buy-in is just $1.10.
Of course there are also regular daily satellites for the Sunday Storm Special already running on PokerStars including a Sit & Go shootout that’s available for just six StarsCoin.
To learn more about the client or sign up for an account you can always head over to our PokerStars review.