- World Poker Tour Sold for Potentially $78 Million
- Kabuzzz Buzzing After Becoming the KO Series Main Event Champion
- We Found January's Best Freerolls So YOU Can Crush Them!
- PokerStars Ambassadors Arlie Shaban and Lex Veldhuis Find Huge Success in Blowout Series
- Watch your PLO hands get reviewed tonight
We’ll be honest here at PokerPlayer.co.uk – today’s news story is not a classy one. In fact, one could say it’s designed purely to encourage you to click on the picture of the attractive lady in a bikini. We’ll let you be the judge of that…
Nevertheless, the Norwegian Poker Championships, currently being contested in that famous Norwegian city called Dublin (!), hit the poker headlines this week for a spectacle that had nothing to do with cards, chips and 5-bet bluffs. Popular Norwegian player Karin Bruteig lost a prop bet to a fellow Norwegian player. Her punishment? She was forced to play out Day 1 of the event dressed only in her itsy bitsy sky blue bikini.
Luckily, a Norwegian national TV station was on hand to record the proceedings…
After stunning the poker room Bruteig also came up with one of the poker quotes of the year to explain her take on the predicament: ”I think they find it a little disturbing [the rest of the table]. It was lovely to take off my clothes because I was a little sweaty before.”
There’s not much to say to that.
PokerPlayer has exclusive interviews with the biggest and best players every month. Subscribe here for just over £1 an issue!