- 10 Years After Black Friday: Where Poker's Been and Where it's Going
- Tsoukernik vs. Zuckerberg; King's Resort Owner Sues Facebook
- The one time it's profitable to late register a PKO
- Derby Lane Poker Room Review: Live Action and Tournament Poker
- Ryan “pokerwithriske” Riske Joins the Upswing Poker Team
The football World Cup is here! Celebrate (or resign yourself to) a month of top footballing action with £2,000 of free bets courtesy of Sky Poker
Every four years, the world €™s elite footballing nations (and England) contest the ultimate prize in football €“ the FIFA World Cup. European nations have bossed it recently with Italy the champions in 2006 and Spain the winners of the 2010 tournament in South Africa. However, Spain will have a fight on their hands if they want to retain the title. This year €™s tournament plays out in Brazil €“ five-time winners of the World Cup. No European team has ever won a World Cup held in South America. Even more ominous €“ no European team has ever won a World Cup held on the American continent.
Temperatures are said to be bordering on the inhumane, especially for the early kick-offs (1pm local time, 5pm UK time), but we think that just adds extra spice. Plus, if you detest football it could provide just the kick you need to tune in.
We €™ve teamed up with Sky Poker to bring you an incredible opportunity for a spin-up €“ the £2,000-added PokerPlayer World Cup special. The £5+ £0.50 tournament will pay out all buy-ins generated plus £2,000 in World Cup bets on top! Spin these bets up using our tips below and you could build yourself a poker bankroll big enough to see you through to the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
How to enter
- The PokerPlayer World Cup Special tournament is open to new and existing customers
- If you don €™t already have a Sky Poker account you MUST register here and set-up a real money account. Registering through this link ensures that you €™ll be eligible to win the additional prizes
- Look for the tournament in the Tournaments section of the Sky Poker lobby and register using the password provided
- PokerPlayer World Cup Special
- £5.00+ £0.50
- Sunday June 8, 6pm
- Password: In issue 109 of PokerPlayer €“ get your digital copy instantly here.
£2,000 in free bets, plus all buy-ins generated. ï¿¼ï¿¼ï¿¼If less than 20 players take part these will be adjusted accordingly. See lobby for final payout table.
PokerPlayer can’t-lose tips*
Only eight different nations have won the World Cup. The host nations have won six from 19. Countries playing in their own continent have won 15 from 19. All seven of the World Cups played in the Americas have been won by a South American team. Given all that it €™s hard to see past Brazil to lift the trophy. Argentina are strong but there are question marks at the back.
- Top tip: Brazil to win the World Cup: 3/1
You need your pick to play in as many games as possible, which means making it to the final. For that reason you can probably rule out Suarez and instead look to Brazil and Argentina. Messi didn €™t even manage a goal at the 2010 World Cup and, although you can €™t rule him out, 7/1 seems too short for us. Aguero is suffering from injuries this season. Instead we €™re looking to Brazil where Neymar could do the business at tasty odds.
- Top tip: Neymar to be Top Goalscorer: 14/1
- Brazil to beat Argentina in the final: 18/1
- Brazil to win the World Cup and Neymar to be top scorer: 20/1
*This may not prove to be true
Terms and conditions
You can use the free bets for the World Cup or any sporting event on the Sky Bet sportsbook. Free bet stakes can €™t be withdrawn. Your free bet stakes are not returned with any winnings. Other terms and conditions apply.
For all the passwords for monthly freerolls and value-added tournaments, subscribe to PokerPlayer magazine now!
The post Win £2,000 of sports bets in our World Cup special! appeared first on PokerPlayer.co.uk.