- Why Are so Many Poker Pros Coming From a Fantasy Card Game Background?
- Range Advantage vs Nutted Advantage
- The Bernard Lee Poker Show (1/19/21): 2020 Year in Review w/ Chad Holloway & Robbie Strazynski (Part 2) & Matt Waxman
- APAT CEO Leigh Wiltshire Gives The Low-down on the WCOAP Festival
- Bet365 Runs These Nine Special MTTs Every Sunday
Can you work out what to do in this hand from the recent Sky Poker UKPC? Let us know and win a pack of playing cards
The situation: Are you hooked to the fishhooks?
- GAME: £1,000 Sky Poker UK Poker Championships
- STACK: 52,000
- BLINDS: 400/800/a100
SITUATION: This hand comes from the recent Sky Poker UKPC, a fantastic event that was run full-ring instead of the six-max format last time.
We haven’t been able to get anything going all day, but we’re still sat with 52k from a starting stack of 40k when we get dealt Jacks in MP.
We raise to 2k and are three-bet from the button by a decent, but not particularly aggressive player, to 5k. We call and see the T♠-6♦-6♠ flop. We check-call a bet of 6,000 and the T♣ comes on the turn. The action slows and goes check- check. The 9♥ comes on the turn and we check again to be met with a bet of just over half pot to 13,000. What should we do and why?
Did you know that the legendary PokerPlayer magazine is now completely free to read every issue? Get it here